Dear Distinguished Colleagues,
The House of Representatives of the 10th Assembly has constituted a Committee on Constitution Review with the following mandate:
- Recommend alterations to the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999, and other Acts as required by sections 8 and 9 of the Constitution.
- Receive and consider proposals (bills) for altering the 1999 Constitution (as amended) referred by the House.
- Provide a platform for stakeholders and the public to contribute to the Constitution review process for laws that enhance the well-being of Nigerians.
- Foster a collaborative relationship with the Senate and 36 States Houses of Assembly.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders, government agencies, civil society organizations, and international bodies to achieve comprehensive constitutional amendments.
The Committee on Constitution Review has called for input to identify critical areas and issues for consideration. Members of the Bar with contributions or proposals are invited to submit them to the Chairman, House of Representatives Committee on Constitution Review, National Assembly Complex, Three Arms Zone, PMB 141, Garki, Abuja. The Committee will commence proceedings in a few weeks.
Akorede Habeeb Lawal
National Publicity Secretary.
For Advert Inquiries & News/Article Publishing