Kano state government expanded TB treatment facilities to over one thousand in 2022 – Commissioner The Kano state government says it has released the state TB and Leprosy counterpart funds for enhancing TB and Leprosy activities in the state. The state commissioner for Health, Dr Aminu Ibrahim Tsanyawa, stated this during a press briefing on World TB Day 2023 commemoration.
In collaboration with partners, he said the Kano state government has been doing well in reducing the burden of TB and Leprosy control activities, including expansion of TB treatment facilities. Dr Aminu Ibrahim Tsanyawa maintained that According to the national statistics, the TB burden was 34,444 cases last year. At the same time, the state could notify 26,377, representing 77 per cent, the highest-ever notification in Nigeria.
WORLD TUBERCULOSIS DAY 2023
He said the 2022 Global TB report shows that 69 million lives were saved between 2000 and 2001 through the global effort to end TB. ” The report also showed that 10.6 million people fell ill with Tuberculosis and 1.6 million people died of TB, including 218,000 people living with HIV/AIDS worldwide.”
“Nigeria is the 6th among the 30 countries with the highest TB burden globally and 1st in Africa with 469,000 people who fell ill.
The Commissioner noted that the country could notify 262,000, representing 56 per cent, with TB, leaving 205,000, representing 44 per cent, undiagnosed and/or not reported (missing TB cases).
This year’s World TB Day was themed “Yes, we can end TB”; the slogan is “Get involved.”
For Advert Inquiries & News/Article Publishing